Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/03 21:09:15 UTC

Configuring Tomcat 5.0.27 for JNDI (with the McKoi Database)

I am sort of stuck with configuring the server.xml
file under the $TOMCAT\conf directory for JNDI.

For the Tomcat 4.x, I put the following block of code;
i.e. <DefaultContext> right after the ending
</context> element and before the ending </host>
element in the server.xml file.

However, I do not see the <context> element in the
Tomcat 5.0.27.  There is the <host> element, though.

[code]
        <DefaultContext>
	      <Resource name="jdbc/McKoiDB" auth="Container"
		  type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
            <ResourceParams name="jdbc/McKoiDB">
                  <parameter>
                        <name>factory</name>

                  </parameter>
		  <parameter>
		  	<name>driverClassName</name>
		  	<value>????</value>
		  </parameter>
		  <parameter>
		   	<name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mckoi://localhost:????/databasename?autoReconnect=true</value>
		  </parameter>
		  <parameter>
		    	<name>username</name>
		    	<value>javauser</value>
		  </parameter>
		  <parameter>
		    	<name>password</name>
		    	<value>javadude</value>
		  </parameter>
		  <parameter>
		    	<name>maxActive</name>
		    	<value>20</value>
		  </parameter>
		  <parameter>
		    	<name>maxIdle</name>
		    	<value>30</value>
		  </parameter>
		  <parameter>
		    	<name>maxWait</name>
		    	<value>10000</value>
		  </parameter>
                  <parameter>
                        <name>removeAbandoned</name>
                        <value>true</value>
                  </parameter>
                  <parameter>

<name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
                        <value>60</value>
                  </parameter>
                  <parameter>
                        <name>logAbandoned</name>
                        <value>true</value>
                  </parameter>

              </ResourceParams>
      </DefaultContext>
[/code]

1. Where should I put the <DefaultContext> in the
server.xml file?

2. What is the value I should give to the
driverClassName parameter?

3. What is the port number I should give to the url
parameter?  i.e. jdbc:mckoi://localhost:????/DatabaseName?autoReconnect=true