Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Birch <al...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/09/29 16:39:53 UTC

[Security] - using a connection pool with the jdbc realm

Hi,

I want to use a jdbc realm with my application in tomcat 4.1

the problem is that I want to utilise a connection pool for authentication, but only want the
connection pool jar file to have web app scope (in a war file).

I can go DriverManager.getConnection(poolURL) once I have loaded the driver, but I don't know how
(if possible at all) to initialise the pool before the realm initiliases - does anybody know a
workaround to this?

thanks in advance

Alex