Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/02 19:56:17 UTC

[VOTE] Gradate Roller to TLP (Roller team: this means you)

OK, so I should have called the vote here. Here goes...

I think we're ready to graduate, Henri does too. We've checked off all
the little boxes, understand the Apache way and I know we're ready to
start making our own release votes.

So, committers please cast your votes for graduation to roller.apache.org.

- Dave

Re: [VOTE] Gradate Roller to TLP (Roller team: this means you)

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1 :-D

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: [VOTE] Gradate Roller to TLP (Roller team: this means you)

Posted by Matthew Schmidt <ma...@dzone.com>.
+1.  Well done guys.

Matthew Schmidt
VP of Technology, DZone, Inc.
Phone: 919.678.0300
Email: matt@dzone.com
Yahoo/AOL: mattschmidtjl
Jabber: matt@dzone.com

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
Awesome.  +1

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.
On 2/5/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to nominate Dave as chair.

+1

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Feb 5, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 2/5/07, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Elias +1
>> Allen +1
>> Matt S +1
>> Matt R +1
>> Henri +1
>> Anil +1
>> Craig +1
>
> I always get grumbled at for not voting on votes I call. Nice to know
> others share that habit :)
>
>> Looks to me like we have voted for graduation and are ready to call
>> for a vote on the general incubator list.
>
> Before we do that we need to have a board resolution ready (I'll email
> one out tonight). For that we need to have a suggestion as to a chair.
>
> I'd like to nominate Dave as chair.

Assuming Dave is willing, I know he's able.

+1

Craig

> Hen

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Gradate Roller to TLP (Roller team: this means you)

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 2/6/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Presuming that Matt S is not -1 to Dave as chair, and that Lance +
> Jeffrey continue to be quiet; here's the resolution for the board.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/roller/trunk/tlp-resolution.txt
>
> There are usually two areas of interest when this hits the board meeting:
>
> 1) Is the scope well defined?
> 2) Are there members (or generally, people with experience of other
> ASF projects) on the pmc?
>
> For 1), I've put in what seems to be the standard style of scope for
> projects like Roller. Its necessarily a recursive scope "Roller exists
> for Roller", but the scope is defined by "blog server".
>
> For 2), I think we're good.
>
> As Lance and Jeffrey seem to be inactive, I've left them off of the
> list (that's the PMC, they would still have svn karma). I'll leave it
> to Sam as to whether he wants his name there.
>
> Which email address gets listed is entirely up to you. I've listed the
> @apache.org address, but if you would prefer another please feel free
> to change it. There's nothing I know of that uses it, so it's not
> important afaict.
>
> That can change at any time, so I think we're good to go start a vote
> on general@incubator. Dave do you want to do the honours?
>
> Need to include a link to this thread, include a link to the status
> page, include the resolution text (for example:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg12240.html
> ).

Thanks Henri and thanks for the votes everybody. I just restarted the
vote thread over on the incubator list and included a link to this
thread and to the resolution.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Dave handling all the nasty politics! ;-)

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: [VOTE] Gradate Roller to TLP (Roller team: this means you)

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Elias +1
Allen +1
Matt S +1
Matt R +1
Henri +1
Anil +1
Craig +1

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/07, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:

> If Roller will be a TLP on its own it would be good to characterize better
> what falls into the scope of it, just Roller the app? Roller Planet? other
> blog-related stuff?

My opinion is that the project scope is Roller and closely related
apps that share lots of code and the same core infrastructurel things
like Roller Planet.

> +1 on graduating in general.

- Dave

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.