Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jimsheffer <ji...@omnipilot.com> on 2005/05/18 22:56:46 UTC

Feeding bayes

Ok-

I've got bayes db's all working, lint runs with no errors.

Now I need to feed the beast spam/ham messages!

2 questions:
I've set up 2 email accounts- ham and spam.
I've connected to these accounts via imap, and took several hundred of each
and dragged them into these folders.  Will this work (the accounts I dragged
them from are NOT imap accounts.  What I want to be able to do is allow
users to connect to these two accounts via imap and report spam that gets
through by dragging it into these accounts.  We do not use imap, just pop
(but these two will be set up on users systems via imap)

If this is correct, I'm a happy camper!

Next, I tried the following, but it didn't like it.  Heres what I did, and
the response I received:

Root# sa-learn --spam -C /etc/mail/spamassassin --showdots --dir
/var/CommuniGate/Accounts/spam.macnt/INBOX.mbox

Use of uninitialized value in quotemeta at
///Library/Perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 928.
.
Learned from 1 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).

Any idea what I need to do? (there are over 200 emails in each account, but
it lookes like it read only 1)

Thanks again for every one's help!

Jim Sheffer,

OmniPilot Software            http://www.omnipilot.com