Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Petersen <ro...@buy.com> on 2011/10/29 19:45:23 UTC

difference between analysis output and searches

Why is it that I can see in the analysis admin page an obvious match
between terms, yet sometimes they don't come back in searches?  Debug
output on the searches indicate a non-match yet the analysis page shows
an obvious match.  I don't get it.

Re: difference between analysis output and searches

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Robert -

Can you give us a concrete input text, the field type definition, and the query(/ies) that you'd expect to match?  The devil is in the details.

Just because analysis.jsp _only_ means that an index and query time output token for the given text was equal.  But in the "real world" of doing a search, the query parser adds a whole other level of processing.  analysis.jsp does not do query parsing and thus can be misleading.

	Erik