Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Nicolas Kaczmarski <Ni...@arhs-developments.com> on 2014/03/25 11:48:42 UTC

Digital Signature information

Hello,

We have a signed PDF but signature is described without key "Sig".
As you can see in the standard PDF 32000-1:2008 - Table 252 - Entries in a signature dictionary, this key is optional :
"(Optional) The type of PDF object that this dictionary describes; if present, shall be Sig for a signature dictionary. "

But PDFBox seems to limit its research of signature only if this key "Sig" is present.

What is your position about that?

Regards,

Nicolas.

Re: Digital Signature information

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Am 2014-03-25 14:01, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> Hi Thomas,
Hi Maruan,

> maybe my feedback was not clear - it’s clear that this is in the spec.
> But in the PDFBox sources I couldn’t find this limitation.

ok I misunderstood your text.

You are right, I thought that the signature search is based on the type
entry, but it doesn't.

COSDocument#getSignatureFields(boolean onlyEmptyFields)" has only the
check for the FT entry. So we would need a example document which lead
to this error or at least a stacktrace.

Best regards
Thomas

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.