Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/08/16 09:45:31 UTC

HAMA-398 and Bundling messages

Hi,

The BSPLib provides few advanced optimization methods, like optimized
barrier synchronization, combining messages and randomized routing. Of
these, the combining messages functionality that combines small
messages which are less than 4KB into a temporary buffer, is
applicable to bsp_put() and bsp_send() functions. It is related with
the network bandwidth and performance.

As you know, we also bundles small messages into BSPMessageBundle. But
there's room for improvement e.g., bundle size, compression, .., etc.

Does anyone interesting in this?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: HAMA-398 and Bundling messages

Posted by ChiaHung Lin <ch...@nuk.edu.tw>.
I am interested in optimizing barrier synchronization, but that probably would come after current tasks if no one want to pick it up.

The BSPLib provides few advanced optimization methods, like optimized
barrier synchronization, combining messages and randomized routing. Of
these, the combining messages functionality that combines small
messages which are less than 4KB into a temporary buffer, is
applicable to bsp_put() and bsp_send() functions. It is related with
the network bandwidth and performance.

As you know, we also bundles small messages into BSPMessageBundle. But
there's room for improvement e.g., bundle size, compression, .., etc.

Does anyone interesting in this?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon