Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Andy Johnson <aj...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/30 10:20:04 UTC

checkout with svn:external

Hi

I'm having a problem checking out a project with a svn:external
property. We're using the svn+ssh protocol which we find convienient
as an existing user group can be used to control access to the repo.

I am hitting a problem when trying to checkout from account that
doesn't exist on the server. i.e.

foo@other-server-1 > svn co svn+ssh://a.johnson@svn-server-1/myproj/
A    afile.cpp
A    bfile.cpp
 U   utilities

Fetching external item into 'utilities/src'
foo@svn-server-1 password:

a.johnson has an account on svn-server-1. foo however does not. Is
there a workaround for this to allow the username supplied in the URL
to be passed to the checkout for each external project?

Thanks

Andy