Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com> on 2004/08/06 15:18:11 UTC

Another newbie SOAPMonitor problem

Apologies if this has been asked and answered!

I have been asked to integrate Axis 1.2 into a web application that is
currently under development.  I've downloaded beta 3 and gone thru the
integration docs to include Axis into the application.  The preliminary
testing of Axis indicates the handler and service are up and operating.

However, when I attempt to load SOAPMonitor I'm getting an error - not at the
server, but at the client:  Class not loaded SOAPMonitorApplet.class

Being that I've been debugging problems with our code, I tried loading the
WEBAPPS/Axis folder directly into Tomcat and restarting.  I verified that
Axis was up and running by connecting to http://localhost:8080/axis.  I also
verified that I have everything correct via happyaxis.jsp.  Loading
SOAPMonitor here fails too for the same reason  :(

Doing a trace of java at the client, I saw the following:

Connecting http://localhost:8080/home/SOAPMonitorApplet.class with no proxy
INFO: Connecting http://localhost:8080/home/SOAPMonitorApplet.class with no
proxy
Connecting http://localhost:8080/home/SOAPMonitorApplet/class.class with no
proxy
INFO: Connecting http://localhost:8080/home/SOAPMonitorApplet/class.class with
no proxy
load: class SOAPMonitorApplet.class not found.

In both my .war and in the axis webapps versions, SOAPMonitorApplet.class and
the other needed classes are stored in the WEB-INF/classes folder.  I'm not
sure if I've done something wrong or not.  Can anyone advise?

Bob