Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alan Weissman <aw...@nyc.yamaha.com> on 2004/06/09 21:09:06 UTC

Change Tile on Error

Problem:

            If someone comes to our Struts/Tiles website and changes the
GET parameters in the URL they may

cause a page to crash.

Desired Outcome:

            The user should never see a crashed page, they should
instead be given a page which displays an error.

Ideally, we should not have to send the user to another page, we should
be able to just display an error

in the area of the tile that has crashed.

Possible Solution:

I am trying to find a way to display a different tile if the tile in my
page generates an error.  Does anyone

know how this can be done?  Hopefully, this can be done without
extending the controller.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Re: Change Tile on Error

Posted by Adrien Tay Pamart <ad...@gax.com>.
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:09:06PM -0400, Alan Weissman wrote:
> I am trying to find a way to display a different tile if the tile in my
> page generates an error.  Does anyone

Assuming that no output has been commited to the response of the tile,
there is a solution outlined in 'tiles advanced features'. I only have
the revision 0.6 dated from late 2002, available at:

http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles/tilesAdvancedFeatures.pdf

5.2.2 "One controller - multiple views"

> know how this can be done?  Hopefully, this can be done without
> extending the controller.

That looks unlikely.

--
Adrien Taÿ Pamart