Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/26 23:53:47 UTC

Update roster function

I just edited iclas.txt for Steve Blackmon. I changed his public name to match what he uses on email and other places.

So now https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/sblackmon shows three names: public name, legal name, and ldap.

When I double click to edit, only public name and legal name are editable. Is there a reason to exclude ldap from being editable?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: Update roster function

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:29 PM, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It has been several hours since I updated the public name in iclas.txt, but ldap is still unchanged.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood.

The intent is that in the future instead of you updating the text file
directly (and thereby making the two out of sync), that you use the
roster tool and that it will update both simultaneously.

And if the data -- for whatever reason -- gets out of sync, the roster
tool will show the current state.  And when prompted to make an
udpate, will provide you with two input fields and will do what it
takes to make both iclas.txt and LDAP match that new state.

Does that make sense?

> Craig

- Sam Ruby

Re: Update roster function