Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu> on 2014/10/28 20:59:53 UTC

Proton release planning

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to try to get the proton releases to be a bit more frequent, and
I'm also trying to get a bit more up front planning into them. To that end
I've put together a quick description of what I'd propose for timeline and
scope of the next release here:

  http://qpid.apache.org/proton/development.html

Please have a look and let me know what you think.

--Rafael

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
It probably should. I will make that explicit in the document.

--Rafael

RE: Proton release planning

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Great - thanks - I can see it now.

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

RE: Proton release planning

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
The grand scheme as I understand it is that the qpid-jms client is being
developed on top of proton as a standalone JMS client (i.e. not tied to any
broker, but obviously dependent on proton). This is distinct from the
"proton-jms" module which is in the proton contrib directory. The latter is
a bunch of utility code, but not an actual client.

--Rafael

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by "Gibson, Jack" <ja...@paypal.com.INVALID>.

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by "Gibson, Jack" <ja...@paypal.com.INVALID>.
Is the plan to keep JMS in a separate project and managed separately as
part of qpid?  How are the dependencies between Proton and Qpid-JMS going
to be addressed?

Jack

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey Rafi - thanks for doing this.
>
> Can we add support for Python 3 in the timeline?

Without a patch or some exploratory work on it, I'm not really sure where
I'd slot it in.

--Rafael

Re: Proton release planning

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.