Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com> on 2009/10/19 15:54:49 UTC

Is there an example of using the acroFormContent in recent versions of OFBiz?

Hello List:
I'm curious as to what and "acroFormContentId" might be and how
something called an "acroForm" (if that is what this database field
points to) might be used.

First, I'm guessing that this is some type of transformation that allows
me to create a PDF from plain text or HTML. Is that correct?

Second, if that is true, then could someone explain how this works for
the survey feature within the Content application? Whenever I try to use
it with existing surveys (loaded as demo data) I get a Java Null Pointer
message. Is this correct behavior or am I using it incorrectly?

Regards
Ruth
"What I say is just as important as how I say it."
Ruth.Hoffman@myofbiz.com
Want to know more about OFBiz? Please visit my website:
http://www.myofbiz.com

Re: Is there an example of using the acroFormContent in recent versions of OFBiz?

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
On Oct 19, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Hello List:
> I'm curious as to what and "acroFormContentId" might be and how something called an "acroForm" (if that is what this database field points to) might be used.
>
> First, I'm guessing that this is some type of transformation that allows me to create a PDF from plain text or HTML. Is that correct?

An AcroForm is a form that is part of a PDF file, or can be defined separately from a PDF file... either way it's an AcroForm. The acroFormContentId would point to a Content record that contains an AcroForm file, more specifically the AcroForm that the Survey is based on (I'm guessing that you are referring to the Survey entity).

> Second, if that is true, then could someone explain how this works for the survey feature within the Content application? Whenever I try to use it with existing surveys (loaded as demo data) I get a Java Null Pointer message. Is this correct behavior or am I using it incorrectly?

I'd have to see the null pointer stack trace and what you did specifically to get it in order to comment. It might be helpful to know that this is mainly used to:

1. create a Survey based on an AcroForm
2. create a PDF file representing a filled out form using a SurveyResponse to a Survey based on an AcroForm

-David