Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/31 19:02:55 UTC

Re: svn commit: r265523 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm: experimental/event/event.c experimental/leader/leader.c experimental/threadpool/threadpool.c prefork/prefork.c

On 8/31/05, colm@apache.org <co...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: colm
> Date: Wed Aug 31 09:10:55 2005
> New Revision: 265523

> Log:
>
> Initiliase all of the first_*_limit variables to zero, so that we can actually
> raise limits beyond their defaults reliably.

How can a C-language global variable not be initialized to zero?

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net>.
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 06:11:21PM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:02:55PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > > Initiliase all of the first_*_limit variables to zero, so that we can actually
> > > raise limits beyond their defaults reliably.
> >
> > How can a C-language global variable not be initialized to zero?
>
> A gcc ia64 bug, possibly. I can't raise ThreadLimit without those
> changes.

Yep, it's a compiler bug, meddling with optimisations fixes it too.  I
don't see any harm in leaving the assignment in though.

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net>.