Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by aswath satrasala <as...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/26 03:24:14 UTC

uploading 1 GB files using FTP

Hello,
I had posted this message earlier.
I am posting again for more information.

How can the user upload 1GB file using FTP.

I am currently planning to use multipart form posting and using
JSPSmart free download.
I heard from the userlist, that this will be very slow, and
should think of using FTP.

How can I give FTP upload to the user from my web site

Thanks
-Aswath

Re: uploading 1 GB files using FTP

Posted by Kris Gonzalez <ji...@softhome.net>.
current versions of netscape and ie allow for ftp access, so your main
trial would be dynamically constructing ftp urls which allow for
access...

and this is really no problem at all:  just have your user go through
some sort of login mechanism, which dynamically constructs a link in the
form of:

ftp://username:password@ftp.server.com

the user clicks, they have access to the ftp server, and can use thier
browser to perform the uploads

-kg