Posted to user@commons.apache.org by manco <me...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/03 05:49:38 UTC

[VFS] regex and filefilters

does VFS support an alternative route to using Regular Expressions for selecting files to be
transfered than using  the following standard java api calls:

import java.io.FilenameFilter;
import java.util.regex.Matcher;
import java.util.regex.Pattern;
import java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException;

I see there is a FileFilter, FileFilterSelector and a FileSelector
and FileObject.findFile()

Thanks,
Manco

Re: [VFS] regex and filefilters

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
manco wrote:
>does VFS support an alternative route to using Regular Expressions for selecting files to be
>transfered than using  the following standard java api calls:

Did you mean something which will be passed through to the native
implementation so to limit the bandwith used to transfer the filenames?
Then no, VFS do not provide such a mechanism.

As you have seen you have to implement your own o.a.c.v.FileSelector.

---
Mario