Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sangeeta Saxena <sa...@altawave.com> on 2000/08/17 19:38:43 UTC

Error: 500

I'm using Tomcat standalone with jdk 1.3 on win2000 and very frequently I get this message when I try to load a .jsp page.I know that the page exists in the right location. It seems like some caching is going on, so I've deleted all temp files in the work directory. I've also stopped and restarted tomcat and also rebooted the machine but the problem doesn't go away. My tools.jar is in the classpath.
 Any ideas????

Sangeeta

Error: 500
Location: /demo1.jsp
sun/tools/javac/Main

Re: Error: 500

Posted by Markus Keller OrcaSoft <m....@orcasoft.ch>.
I had the same problem with Windows 98. The CLASSPATH to tools.jar of the JDK was set wrong (lib\tools.jar instead of c:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar). You can fix that in the tomcat.bat file.

Markus