Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Ken <ke...@aerose.com> on 2010/08/05 01:07:36 UTC

Struts 2.1.8.1 with tiles 2.1.4

I've been trying to get Struts and Tiles working together for a while
now, I have a working project using Struts 2 with the older Tiles 1
plugin (the only option they have) but in the process of upgrading
struts to 2.1.8.1 I decided to try to use tiles version 2.1.4...

I've tried following all kinds of examples, is there a clear tutorial or
example program that demonstrates the integration?  Even a clear example
of using any version tiles 2.x or greater.

Searching the web I've found many forums and blogs stating difficulties
in getting struts and tiles integrated (Tiles 2 that is)...

Today I found this thread:
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/message.jspa?messageID=79598
Where Scott Stanlick (an author of Struts 2 in action) has a 2.x version
working... that motivated me again... It's probably something simple so
I'll be back at it in the morning.

Here are some questions:
1) There is a struts2-tiles-plugin-2.1.8.1.jar included with Struts2...
Will it work with the current version of Tiles?
2) Can I configure tiles to work with struts but not as a plug in?  That
is tiles is stand alone... but still is able to catch the struts
results?

Sorry some of you will think this should be in the Struts forums,
perhaps it should be but rather than cross post I've decided to try here
first, this failing I'll try with the struts mailing list.  I'm half
expecting the struts plug-in not to be able to work with this version of
tiles and am hoping there is a clear way to use tiles to still do the
trick...

Re: Struts 2.1.8.1 with tiles 2.1.4

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.
I am interest to know how the most recent struts + tiles as well.

I am using "Struts2.1.8.1 + Tiles2.07" because the most recent tiles
does not work well with struts2.1.8.1 :(

--
lu ying

Posted by Ken <ke...@aerose.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/8/5 Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>:
> I keep meaning to talk to Antonio about possibly
> changing the main Tiles configuration classes to allow Spring configuration
> directly, but unfortunately I keep running out of time.

Not to me directly, please, but to the Tiles Developers mailing list.

Antonio

Re: Struts 2.1.8.1 with tiles 2.1.4

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/8/5 Ken <ke...@aerose.com>:
> Here are some questions:
> 1) There is a struts2-tiles-plugin-2.1.8.1.jar included with Struts2...
> Will it work with the current version of Tiles?
> 2) Can I configure tiles to work with struts but not as a plug in?  That
> is tiles is stand alone... but still is able to catch the struts
> results?
>
> Sorry some of you will think this should be in the Struts forums,

I am one of those :-D
Sincerely I think that there is a big misunderstanding: at present
time, it seems that no active Struts 2 developer is interested in
Struts/Tiles integration.
So I say: make your own (or correct the old one) and post it as a
contribution. Stop complaining and start contributing.

Antonio