Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Gangaiah Gundeboina <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/01 13:30:57 UTC

Getting errors while setup new cluster using existing cluster data

Hi Guys,

We have one live cluster(2.6 native persistence) which serving read and
write continuously. Want to setup new cluster using existing cluster data
without stopping.

After coping the existing cluster data files, removed metastorage, wal, wal
archive and cp data. And then started the all nodes, getting errors while
cluster activation like jvm pause and record search.

To do this, can some one suggest us what all things need to take care before
staring nodes in new cluster.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting errors while setup new cluster using existing cluster data

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I don't think Apache Ignite supports it. We even clear caches explicitly if
a node was reset when WAL was disabled, and your scenario is just like this
one but worse.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Gangaiah,

Not sure that removal of WAL and cp is a good idea as long as those can
keep info about changes that were not applied checkpointed or applied to
persistence files yet.

A safe way to copy the data is to turn off the write workloads to the
primary cluster, ensure that checkpointing is finished and then copy the
data files.

Another approach is to replicate changes to another cluster via Kafka-like
approaches or use snapshots of GridGain.

-
Denis