Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <gy...@laserlink.net> on 2000/02/29 19:43:15 UTC

[Apache config] suEXEC compiled in by default?

hi all...

it seems that suEXEC made it's way into my latest mod_perl httpd (1.3.12),
but at least according to http://www.apache.org/docs/suexec.html suEXEC
should _not_ compiled in by default, and I don't think I did anything to
explicitly add it...

anyway, I'm thinking that maybe suEXEC should not be compiled in mod_perl by
default either?

I'm not familiar at all with using suEXEC, but I did notice the following
from httpd -l today:

  suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

now, I saw that 1.3.12 added a new feature so suexec warnings would show up
in httpd -l, so this may have been the case for a while...

my mod_perl installation just used EVERYTHING=1 (no APACI -
apache_1.3.12/src/Configuration instead)

I tried poking around the Makefile.PL for both Apache and mod_perl to see
where it gets the directive, but couldn't find it...

if anyone else has any interest (or maybe understands what I'm trying to say
:)

--Geoff