Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by sagar nikam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/11 11:23:41 UTC

hadoop-2 on windows How To ?

I read some latest features of hadoop-2.0 version, that it also runs on
windows system.

I found some .cmd files along side with .sh files.
I want to run them for windows. I have JDk-7 installed.
I don't want to install openssh component in my windows (as this requires
cygwin to be installed, that have many other issues with regular command
prompts)

Does without openssh can i run hadoop on windows ?
any tutorials/blog showing latest hadoop installation on windows ?

RE: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?

Posted by Ian Jackson <Ia...@trilliumsoftware.com>.
You need to build it from source.

I believe that you want to skip the tests. By using:

mvn package -Pdist,native-win -DskipTests -Dtar This is based on "{ Could not find artifact org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in apache.snapshots.https (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots)"

I was able to build base Abhijit Ghosh's post "Build, Install, Configure and Run Apache Hadoop 2.2.0 in Microsoft Windows OS" http://www.srccodes.com/p/article/38/build-install-configure-run-apache-hadoop-2.2.0-microsoft-windows-os

--

________________________________

RE: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?

RE: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?

Re: hadoop-2 on windows How To ?

Posted by Adam Diaz <ad...@hortonworks.com>.

--
   * Adam Diaz *       Solution Engineer - Big Data
------------------------------

    Phone:        919 609 4842
  Email:      adiaz@hortonworks.com
  Website:   http://www.hortonworks.com/