Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2004/02/04 09:28:33 UTC

Re: [OT] languages

>> Correct! ("Können Sie" instead of "kannst du" but that's really minor
>> detail).
>

> Is it similar to the English "you can" where there is no difference
> between singular and plural? I thought about it and "kunt u" sounds more
> like the German singular.
"Kunt u" or "u kunt" is the polite form - I think it can be used in both
plural and singular, my Flemish is a bit rusty to be honest.
Certain englishmen would ofcourse read "u kunt" in a completely
different way but that's another topic alltogether :)

> I'm also often named Jorg or Jeorg on these mailing lists, which is of
> course not quite correct. In theory it's Jörg, but I use the US-ASCII
With me it's just the other way around, all Germans call me Joerg no
matter how loud i say jOOOOOrg :)

> Joerg
Jorg