Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/18 22:15:36 UTC

iBATIS NOT at ApacheCon

I've just found out that my iBATIS tutorial was cancelled at ApacheCon -
there were not enough enrollments to make it profitable.  iBATIS is too easy
to use!  Maybe we should introduce some obfuscation so we can create a need
for training :)

So I'll not be going to ApacheCon after all.  I hope those of you that are
going have a great time.  My only regret is that I'll not get to meet some
of the other folks in our community.

Jeff Butler

Re: iBATIS NOT at ApacheCon

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
Dang, sorry to hear that Jeff. Perhaps you can still do some form of it as a
Podcast and post it on the iBATIS website. I think it would be great to have
that on the site.

Brandon

Re: iBATIS NOT at ApacheCon

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Dude that sucks.  I'm sorry to hear it.

Yeah, iBATIS is a tough one to warrant more than an hour's worth of
introduction.  I recently dumped iBATIS.NET into the hands of one of my
development teams with a SUPER tight timeline (6 weeks from vision to
go-live).  They wouldn't have had enought time to write all of the
ADO.NET(read JDBC for what it's worth) code.  I gave them one example,
and they
just ran with it.  They figured iBATIS out as they went -- which is safe
with iBATIS.  Most persistence tools require you read the book first.  :-)

Most questions in the iBATIS community are about "can we do this" as opposed
to "how do we do this".

Anyway...there will be other opportunities.

Cheers,
Clinton