Posted to dev@community.apache.org by "Loata, Stefan" <s....@ucr.nl> on 2017/03/18 17:56:35 UTC

Google Summer of Code

Hello,

my name is Stefan Loata. I was born and grown in Italy (Rome) and now I am living in the Netherlands
(Studying in a Liberal Arts and Sciences College of the Utrecht University).

I am in my Second Semester and I am planning to Major in Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics, trying possibly to get a Minor in Art History. I am working with Java, MySQL (and NoSQL Cassandra), Mathematica (Wolfram) and Latex. On my own, I got a basic understanding of Python, Ruby and CSS/HTML.

This would be the first time I work on a so large scale project but I am really willing to learn and I will have a lot of time to dedicate to it during the summer. I have just started looking at it, cause I had to prepare various Midterms.

I was wondering if you could suggest me on which of the project Ideas I could start looking and try to apply, considering my preparation.

Kind regards,
Stefan Loata

Re: Google Summer of Code

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@apache.org>.
Ciao Stefan,

a good starting place can be our ideas list for this year's GSoC:
s.apache.org/gsoc2017ideas

You can also browse our full list of project communities at
http://apache.org/index.html#projects-list and approach the community that
you find most interesting and discuss a potential GSoC project with them.

Cheers,

Uli