Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Irfan Mohammed <ir...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/21 23:20:54 UTC

how to print/refresh hadoop configs

Hi,
Environment :
     hadoop-0.20.1
     centos 5.0

On a live cluster, I want to do couple of actions

   1. Print the config properties for a datanode/tasktracker [any hadoop
      process] which it has in its jvm memory.
   2. Refresh the config properties of the datanode/tasktracker [any
      hadoop process] from the new/updated values in the
      hadoop/conf/*-site.xml files. Dont want to stop/start the
      processes if I dont have to.

Thanks,
Irfan

Has anyone gotten the Hadoop eclipse plugin to work on Windows?

Posted by Raymond Jennings III <ra...@yahoo.com>.
I have been pulling my hair out on this one.  I tried building it within eclipse - no errors, but when I put the jar file in and restart eclipse I can see the Map/Reduce prospective but once I try to do anything it bombs with random cryptic errors.  I looked at Stephen's notes on jiva but still no go.  I am desperate to get this working so bribes, kick-backs other reciprocity will be gladly considered.  ;-)  Thanks!

Ray