Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2009/12/12 02:55:32 UTC

m2eclipse problem

I know there's an m2eclipse mailing list but it doesn't seem to be
respoding to subscription requests so I thought maybe I'd ask this here.

I have an old Eclipse workspace, in which the M2Eclipse functions
properly, as far as scanning for dependencies is concerned.

I created a new Eclipse workspace this afternoon.  In this workspace, no
matter what I do, the M2->Add Dependency menu item is non-functional.
No matter what artifacts I ask to add dependencies for, it finds
nothing.  It appears not to be hooked up to any external repository.
Yet the other workspace, for which every maven setting is exactly the
same finds all dependencies easily.

Using Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo) on Windows XP.

Re: m2eclipse problem

Posted by Frederic Camblor <fc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Maybe you have "download repository index updates at startup" unchecked in
your maven preferences ?
I think M2Eclipse use these index to search for artefacts when adding
dependency ...

Frédéric

Re: m2eclipse problem

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.