Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by SD...@uniquecomputing.com on 2002/04/04 14:46:28 UTC

Cactus compatibility

Hi,

I was wondering on what all app. servers does Cactus support - i mean can i
use Cactus on Weblogic (all versions), WebSphere etc., There is no
documentation regarding this.

Regards,
Sanjay

RE: Cactus compatibility

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Sanjay,

Cactus is supposed to run on all servlet engines (WL, WAS, Tomcat,
Resin, etc). That said, Cactus has been tested only on some of them
(obviously). Cactus is also offering pre-configured Ant scripts for
automating cactus tests on some servlet containers. These scripts can be
found in samples/build dir of the cactus distribution.

Cactus has been officially tested by the cactus team on Tomcat 3.2, 3.3,
4.x, Resin 1.2, 2.x, WebLogic 5.1, 6.1, Enhydra 3.1, Orion 1.4, 1.5.

In addition, several users have tested it on other configurations : WAS
4.x, JBoss w/ Tomcat, Jo!, etc

One of our potential todo is to prepare a compatibility page on the web
site under which we will print with what Application Servers it has been
tested with and what problems were encountered if any.

Thanks
-Vincent