Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tim Sawyer <li...@calidris.co.uk> on 2005/05/25 13:51:47 UTC

Calling into Tapestry from External URL

Hi,

I'm new to Tapestry (struts developer *shudder*) and I'm trying to build an
MIS console with Tapestry, as this is the first excuse I've had to try it.

Unfortunately, this project involves using Flash Graphs.  These flash graphs
have individually clickable bars which take you to a specific URL, as defined
in the chart data xml.

I therefore would like clicking on a bar to take me to a tapestry page, and I
also want to pass in a chartID, which is the chart I want to show on that
page.

I'm struggling with how to achieve this, any clues would be appreciated.

thanks,

Tim.

Re: Calling into Tapestry from External URL

Posted by Tim Sawyer <li...@calidris.co.uk>.
Thanks folks, using IExternalPage works fine.  Was amazed by how easy it was!

regards,

Tim.

Posted by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com>.
You have to use External Service links, or friendly URL or just simple
a Servlet that redirects to the tapestry ugly url.

The easist is to use External Service. Your page have to implement
IExternalPage interface. You can passs your chartid as a parameter.

Posted by Markus Eberle <Ma...@tngtech.com>.
Hi,

Take a look at the IExternalPage interface. If your page is implementing this
you are able to call the page from your flash.

Cheers,
    Markus