Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2010/01/04 14:09:37 UTC

Re: C++ usage of CopyOnWriteArray : background; adding federation for the HeadersExchange

Just in case this part of the question is still unanswered:

On 12/22/2009 07:59 PM, Sam Joyce wrote:
> 1) during the bind() call, a bindingKey is passed in, is this key of any
> value at all? i.e. is there always a 1:1 affinity between a bindingKey
> and a successful binding. Can I use this key for a successful retrieval
> of the associated binding. looking at the impl of route() this doesn't
> appear to be the case; its not even used in that method.

The binding key is used on unbind to identify the correct binding to
remove. As you point out it is not used (by the headers exchange) when
routing messages.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org