Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/24 06:57:20 UTC

[mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1

Hi all,

As you see from
here<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12310371>,
we fixed quite a lot of issues since we released MINA 0.9.0.  I think it's
now to release MINA 0.9.1 so users benefit from the new release.

Most notable changes are:

* Migration to Maven 2
* You can get a collection of managed sessions by calling
IoAcceptor.getManagedSessions( SocketAddress )
* MINA closes all client sessions when you unbind the service
automatically.  (You can disable it, too.)
* Netty2 integration classes in org.apache.mina.filter.codec.netty (Thanks,
Julien!)

Please note that this release will not include the changes I've made in my
sandbox.  Niklas and I concluded that we need more discussion on the new API
though it makes MINA easier for new users to use.  Please reply to the
message I've sent a few days ago about this issue, so we can include the
changes in 0.9.2.

[x] +1, Release
[ ] 0, Abstain
[ ] -1, Don't release

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
PGP Key ID: 0x854B996C

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for firing vote!

[x] +1, Release

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
[+1] !!

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le mercredi 25 janvier 2006 à 14:01 -0500, Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> I just committed the new artifactId for MINA:
>
> mina-core
> mina-examples
> mina-filter-ssl
> mina-filter-codec-asn1
> mina-filter-codec-netty
> mina-integration-spring
>
> Let's continue voting.

[+1]

Julien

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> I just committed the new artifactId for MINA:
>
> mina-core
> mina-examples
> mina-filter-ssl
> mina-filter-codec-asn1
> mina-filter-codec-netty
> mina-integration-spring
>
> Let's continue voting.
>
> Trustin Lee wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As you see from here
>> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12310371>,
>> we fixed quite a lot of issues since we released MINA 0.9.0.  I think
>> it's now to release MINA 0.9.1 so users benefit from the new release.
>>
>> Most notable changes are:
>>
>> * Migration to Maven 2
>> * You can get a collection of managed sessions by calling
>> IoAcceptor.getManagedSessions( SocketAddress )
>> * MINA closes all client sessions when you unbind the service
>> automatically.  (You can disable it, too.)
>> * Netty2 integration classes in org.apache.mina.filter.codec.netty
>> (Thanks, Julien!)
>>
>> Please note that this release will not include the changes I've made
>> in my sandbox.  Niklas and I concluded that we need more discussion
>> on the new API though it makes MINA easier for new users to use.
>> Please reply to the message I've sent a few days ago about this
>> issue, so we can include the changes in 0.9.2.
>>
>> [x] +1, Release
>> [ ] 0, Abstain
>> [ ] -1, Don't release
>

> +1
>
> Alex

For the changes see here:

Alex

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Now I'll close this vote.  Sorry for the delay!

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <m....@pandora.be>.
On 1/25/06, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>>Let's continue voting.

Great job !

[ X ] +1, Release
[   ]  0, Abstain
[   ] -1, Don't release

Maarten (non-binding)

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by fe...@gmail.com.
May I vote too? 8)

[ X ] +1, Release
[   ]  0, Abstain
[   ] -1, Don't release

Fedechicco

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se>.
[ X ] +1, Release
[   ]  0, Abstain
[   ] -1, Don't release

/Niklas

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 1/25/06, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Let's continue voting.

[ X ] +1, Release
[   ]  0, Abstain
[   ] -1, Don't release

[mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1 (one more time)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you see from here
> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12310371>,
> we fixed quite a lot of issues since we released MINA 0.9.0.  I think
> it's now to release MINA 0.9.1 so users benefit from the new release.
>
> Most notable changes are:
>
> * Migration to Maven 2
> * You can get a collection of managed sessions by calling
> IoAcceptor.getManagedSessions( SocketAddress )
> * MINA closes all client sessions when you unbind the service
> automatically.  (You can disable it, too.)
> * Netty2 integration classes in org.apache.mina.filter.codec.netty
> (Thanks, Julien!)
>
> Please note that this release will not include the changes I've made
> in my sandbox.  Niklas and I concluded that we need more discussion on
> the new API though it makes MINA easier for new users to use.  Please
> reply to the message I've sent a few days ago about this issue, so we
> can include the changes in 0.9.2.
>
> [x] +1, Release
> [ ] 0, Abstain
> [ ] -1, Don't release

+1

Alex

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
2006/1/25, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:

> No need to vote on every little thing.  We just fix it and vote on mina
> release.  Pick some artifact names that you'd like and can live with for
> a long while and I can do it.  What about using the names of the folders
> you chose for mina modules?

You're right.  Let's just rename artifactIds and post the message when it's
finished.

The artifactId for MINA modules will be:

* mina-core
* mina-filter-ssl
* mina-filter-codec-asn1
* mina-filter-codec-netty
* mina-integration-spring

Thanks,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Releasing apacheds-0.9.4

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
I guess in another light we're renaming 0.9.4 to 1.0-RC1.

Alex

Re: Releasing apacheds-0.9.4

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
0.9.4 won't be release at all...

--
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Releasing apacheds-0.9.4

Posted by Si...@saaconsultants.com.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you see from here
> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12310371>,
> we fixed quite a lot of issues since we released MINA 0.9.0.  I think
> it's now to release MINA 0.9.1 so users benefit from the new release.
>
> Most notable changes are:
>
> * Migration to Maven 2
> * You can get a collection of managed sessions by calling
> IoAcceptor.getManagedSessions( SocketAddress )
> * MINA closes all client sessions when you unbind the service
> automatically.  (You can disable it, too.)
> * Netty2 integration classes in org.apache.mina.filter.codec.netty
> (Thanks, Julien!)
>
> Please note that this release will not include the changes I've made
> in my sandbox.  Niklas and I concluded that we need more discussion on
> the new API though it makes MINA easier for new users to use.  Please
> reply to the message I've sent a few days ago about this issue, so we
> can include the changes in 0.9.2.
>
> [x] +1, Release
> [ ] 0, Abstain
> [ ] -1, Don't release

-1

Let's fix the artifactId problem at least with MINA first then rapidly
kick this vote off again.  Remember we're going to make it so artifactId
is no longer a package name (redundant if groupId already is)?  We don't
want to yank peoples chains on the next release if the artifactId's
change.  Worth the fix now no?  Can you come to a reasonable decision on
a pattern to follow for artifactId naming (Ersin Er had a thread on this)?

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. I was going to get to this tonight but I ran out of steam ... sorry.

Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trustin !

This is great news.

+1 of course, but I will just raise one concern :

DIRMINA-159 is tagged as closed, but it should point to DIRMINA-163
which has been reopened. This is a potential serious issue, and users
must at least be warned about it.

It would be very cool if we can have a clear status about this problem,
is it really an IPV6 issue or something else. If I'm wrong and that it's
not IPV6 related, then we have to investigate where the problem come
from. Ersin, Alex and I experienced it on different computers and
different Linux System (FC4 and Ubuntu), and, aside the java property I
set, we don't have any fix for those two Jiraes.

I also think that setting a java property is *not* the proper solution.

Congratulation for this version ! Great work Trustin, Niklas and all the
contributors !