Posted to users@maven.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/01 16:02:42 UTC

anyone using kintana?

Upper management is giving our group an ultimatum to
use kintana for change control and configuration
management.

Currently we are using ant, shell scripts and cvs.  I
am converting projects to maven to do some proof of
concept, see how it would work...

I was wondering if anyone else out there in maven land
is looking at kintana?

Thanks.

Re: anyone using kintana?

Posted by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, I don't mean to be off topic, but as "build
engineers" for enterprise systems, we will run into
the same build related issues.  Currently I run the
migration of code and application server
infrastructure for a fortune 100 b2b site.  We have
over 30 app servers in each env.  I do this using ant
and shell scripts.  I wanted to look at maven in order
to facilitate the move to a release based system.
However, management wants me to migrate my process to
kintana...

I was hoping someone on the list who has been using
ant/maven like me has to look at kintana and get a
dialog going on strategies for integration (off list).

kintana is a product of mercury that consists of tools
 that control the flow of code and application server
configurations to test, production, etc...

http://www.mercury.com/us/products/it-governance-center/change-management/extensions/ecommerce.html

thanks.

Re: anyone using kintana?

Posted by Eugene Kirin <ki...@mosinfo.ru>.
He-he :) What's kintana?

Hello, phillip!
You wrote to <us...@maven.apache.org> on Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:02:42 -0700
(PDT):

 pr> Upper management is giving our group an ultimatum to use kintana for