Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Bill Brown <wb...@colorfulsoftware.com> on 2007/08/09 16:22:45 UTC

Help with virtual host configuration

Greetings:

I am trying to setup a virtual host configuration for 3 hosts with the
latest tomcat based release 2.0 candidate.   The documentation page
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/configuring-virtual-hosts-in-geronimo-tomcat.html
does not seem to match the setup of the released config.xml file because it
does not contain any instance of the org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean
mentioned in the docs.

Also there is a config-substitutions.properties file that might be of some
help but I do not know how to configure it.

Does anyone know how to configure multiple hosts with the latest tomcat
based build?

Thanks for your help.
Bill.

Re: Help with virtual host configuration

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bill,
I'm looking at the doc right now and will update as needed. Will send an update soon.

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Joakim Olsson <ar...@lingonpaj.com>.
The documentation doesn't state that the HostGBean should be in the
config.xml-file. It says that you should "add" the HostGBean right after
<module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.0-M2/car">

Regards,
Joakim

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
I just updated the doc, only had to remove the "-M2" that corresponded to the Milestone 2 release.
I verified step by step and the configuration works. Let me know if you still have problems with this configuration.

This doc shows you how to create two different GBeans for two different virtual hosts (one with multiple aliases). It also shows what you need to specify in the deployment plans to "bind" those applications to a specific virtual host.

Cheers!
Hernan