Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Nitin Agarwal <2n...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/13 19:10:08 UTC

Unable to access Kudu table created using Spark via Impala

Hi, I used Spark and KuduContext to create a table in Kudu. I can see the
table in Kudu UI and can access it through Spark. However I am unable to
access that table via Impala. I have issued invalidate metadata in Impala
but I am still unable to list the table.

So what do I need to do to access this table via Impala?

I am using Kudu version kudu 1.4.0-cdh5.12.1 with Spark 1.6.x

This is what I see in Kudu UI for my table

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE `nums.telephone_number` STORED AS KUDU
TBLPROPERTIES(
  'kudu.table_name' = 'nums.telephone_number',
  'kudu.master_addresses' =
'ff58-29.idc1.level3.com:7051,ff58-30.idc1.level3.com:7051,ff58-34.idc1.level3.com:7051');

Nitin

Re: Unable to access Kudu table created using Spark via Impala

Posted by Nitin Agarwal <2n...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alexey, that did the trick.

Nitin

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com>.