Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by "zd.wbh" <zd...@163.com> on 2010/04/07 12:08:37 UTC

how to build an mt version of shared lib for zookeeper under cygwin?

hi, all:

Is it possible to build an mt version of zookeeper dll lib? I've tried, cygzookeeper_st-2.dll come out successfully, but not zookeeper_mt.dll. Official sites says the st version is for the platform that without a pthread lib or the pthread lib is not stable. Does the cygwin pthread lib falls into the unstable category? Is there any work-around to generate mt dll? Bellow is the warning:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lpthread.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libpthread and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /lib/libpthread.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

2010-04-07

zd.wbh

Re: how to build an mt version of shared lib for zookeeper under cygwin?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Are you running cygwin 1.7 or 1.5? I believe there was a change btw
versions of cygwin on how pthreads was supported.

Patrick