Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Jason Plurad <pl...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 14:51:04 UTC

[VOTE] TinkerPop 3.2.4 Release

Hello,

We are happy to announce that TinkerPop 3.2.4 is ready for release.

The release artifacts can be found at this location:
        https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tinkerpop/3.2.4/

The source distribution is provided by:
        apache-tinkerpop-3.2.4-src.zip

Two binary distributions are provided for user convenience:
        apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-console-3.2.4-bin.zip
        apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-server-3.2.4-bin.zip

The GPG key used to sign the release artifacts is available at:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tinkerpop/KEYS

The online docs can be found here:
        http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.2.4/ (user docs)
        http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.2.4/upgrade/ (upgrade docs)
        http://tinkerpop.apache.org/javadocs/3.2.4/core/ (core javadoc)
        http://tinkerpop.apache.org/javadocs/3.2.4/full/ (full javadoc)

The tag in Apache Git can be found here:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tinkerpop.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/3.2.4

The release notes are available here:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/3.2.4/CHANGELOG.asciidoc#release-3-2-4

The [VOTE] will be open for the next 72 hours --- closing Saturday
(February 11, 2017) at 10:00 AM EST.

My vote is +1.

Thank you very much,
Jason Plurad

Re: [VOTE] TinkerPop 3.2.4 Release

Posted by pieter-gmail <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ran Sqlg's own test suite and TinkerPop's structured and process test
suites on Sqlg.
No failures.

VOTE: +1

Thanks
Pieter

Posted by Robert Dale <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

________________________________

Re: [VOTE] TinkerPop 3.2.4 Release

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Wilmes <tw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by pieter-gmail <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> The significant change is
> ffe1b4c Marko A. Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/15 at 12:44 AM

Ah yea. Thats different from what I thought you had issue with — has-containers and arrays/collections handling.

> I don't have a problem with the changes just that is quite a refactor on
> my side as it changes the structure of the HasSteps and its
> HasContainers. I had made some assumptions around how HasSteps and
> HasContainers look when optimizing.

Yea, it “folds left” now so you don’t have to walk over has()-chains.

> The change is quite old but somehow it was not present in the
> 3.2.4-SNAPSHOT I tested on it when the code freeze announcement was
> made. Not sure what happened there but alas its not giving me enough
> time to get things working again.

I would say don’t wait till releases to test Sqlg. In principle, you should VOTE on every PR by building and testing the changes against Sqlg. That is where you can make a huge contribution.

Posted by pieter-gmail <pi...@gmail.com>.
The significant change is

ffe1b4c Marko A. Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/15 at 12:44 AM

The description is

"added TraversalHelper.addHasContainer() which will either append a
HasStep with container or if the traverasl ends with a
HasContainerHolder, fold the container into the holder. This just makes
the code in GraphTravesrsal cleaner with less copy/paste."

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pieter,

The “has” changes were a confusion over the last 2 releases where the semantic interpretation of arrays and collections were being challenged and then reverted. However, that was a few releases ago, not this release. There were discussions on the topic back then too.

Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Posted by pieter-gmail <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by David Brown <da...@gmail.com>.
- Successfully tested Python driver (Goblin) against binary server zip

- Built the source zip/tested gremlin-python with:

mvn clean install && mvn verify -pl gremlin-python - BUILD SUCCESS

- Ran the validate script:

$ bin/validate-distribution.sh 3.2.4

Validating binary distributions

* downloading Apache TinkerPop Gremlin
(apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-console-3.2.4-bin.zip)... OK
* validating signatures and checksums ...
  * PGP signature ... OK
  * MD5 checksum ... OK
  * SHA1 checksum ... OK
* unzipping Apache TinkerPop Gremlin ... OK
* validating Apache TinkerPop Gremlin's docs ... OK
* validating Apache TinkerPop Gremlin's binaries ... OK
* validating Apache TinkerPop Gremlin's legal files ...
  * LICENSE ... OK
  * NOTICE ... OK
* validating Apache TinkerPop Gremlin's plugin directory ... OK
* validating Apache TinkerPop Gremlin's lib directory ... OK
* testing script evaluation ... OK

* downloading Apache TinkerPop Gremlin
(apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-server-3.2.4-bin.zip)... OK

--
David M. Brown
R.A. CulturePlex Lab, Western University

Re: [VOTE] TinkerPop 3.2.4 Release

Posted by Daniel Kuppitz <me...@gremlin.guru>.