Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org> on 2012/09/26 18:23:59 UTC

new committers!

I am pleased to announce that Chris Tubbs and Dave Marion have been voted
to become new committers for Apache Accumulo.

Welcome, Dave and Chris!  Feel free to say a few words about your
development interests.

Billie

Re: new committers!

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Welcome guys!

Cheers,
Chris

On Sep 26, 2012, at 9:23 AM, Billie Rinaldi wrote:

> I am pleased to announce that Chris Tubbs and Dave Marion have been voted
> to become new committers for Apache Accumulo.
>
> Welcome, Dave and Chris!  Feel free to say a few words about your
> development interests.
>
> Billie

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

RE: new committers!

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
You rock!

RE: new committers!

Posted by Christopher Tubbs <ct...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys!

My interest is doing anything to lower the barrier to entry for users.
So, that would include things like improving the build system to help
developers, improving packaging for administrators/users to install,
and creating useful iterators/APIs for users to leverage the most out
of Accumulo. It may even include some YouTube tutorial videos, as I
get time. Some of this will involve work that sits on top of Accumulo,
rather than Accumulo itself, but I expect to do a fair amount of
feedback/usability testing/code review, bug fixes, and other
development for Accumulo proper. I look forward to working with the
rest of you to accomplish these, and other tasks that may come up as
we push this project to its limits.

Thanks again, for inviting me to become a committer, and I look
forward to working with you more.

Christopher

P.S. I prefer "Christopher" over "Chris". Sorry, I know it's  6 more
bytes. That's just an FYI, though. I will politely respond to anything
you wish to call me politely.