Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Melak Firdo <me...@checkpoint.com> on 2017/05/25 06:34:40 UTC

How to use guacamole-noauth

Hi All
I need to access the Guacamole web interface without users need to authenticate.
Guacamole is configured to connect to an RDP server (rdp) which handle users authentication,
and I don't want my users to authenticate twice.

To achieve this I install  guacamole-noauth extention and followed the instructions of disabling authentication:
https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/noauth.html

But with no luck.

I still get the Guacamole login.

1. Create GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions folder in this path:   "etc/guacamole/GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions"
     and copy guacamole-auth-noauth-0.9.12-incubating.jar within the GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions

2. Add new config file in that path:  ""etc/guacamole/noauth-config.xml"
File's content is exactly that:
<configs>
    <config name="Win7" protocol="rdp">

    </config>
</configs>

3. Edited guacome.prope. this is exactly how it looks like
 ===================================
 # Hostname and port of guacamole proxy
guacd-hostname: localhost
guacd-port:     4822

# MySQL properties
mysql-hostname: localhost
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: ####
mysql-username: ####
mysql-password: ####
mysql-default-max-connections-per-user: 0
mysql-default-max-group-connections-per-user: 0

# Auth provider class
auth-provider: net.sourceforge.guacamole.net.auth.noauth.NoAuthenticationProvider

# NoAuth properties
noauth-config: /etc/guacamole/noauth-config.xml
I am completely new to Linux and not very familiar with java. I'd appreciate answers as detailed as possible
Please help. I need assistance urgently
Thanks !

Re: How to use guacamole-noauth

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
Melak, please do not double-post or email multiple lists at once.

To any happening across this thread, the original thread is on the user@
list here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/143b4021e6dc7caee67f9a46f254b53c7f0bfb0f406eb93d3d0dd1f8@%3Cuser.guacamole.apache.org%3E

Or equivalently, on Nabble: