Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> on 2019/01/04 10:03:07 UTC

Re: Throwing EvaluationException slows down evaluation, proposed change: not fill stack trace

Hi,

I would stick to system properties, it is the easiest to implement and as
the feature is something that only few will be concerned with, it can be
non-obvious that this is possible.

Dominik.

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
Based on my experience, that setting system properties in web applications
involves discussions with the web admins, I don't like system properties at
all.

Although [1] says the opposite, I guess (but haven't tried) that
context-param aren't automatically set as system properties.

Is [1] true for all major j2ee/web containers?
If not, can we use a different approach? e.g. statics set by user code

Andi

[1]
https://www.mkyong.com/web-development/how-to-pass-system-properties-in-web-xml/

--