Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ma...@synergy.com.au on 2006/02/20 07:03:34 UTC

Building from SVN

Just a quick newbie question:  I've checked the 1.0-RC1 source out of SVN
(via 'svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/directory/trunks'), and then
tried
'mvn install' only to get build failures (sometimes compile breaks,
sometimes test failures).  I realize there have been substantial
versioning changes recently, so I'd just like to know:

1. Is my process correct or am I missing a step?
2. Is there a recent snapshot (a nightly or continuous integration build
or something similar) that I could grab, rather than trying to hit a
moving repository target?

thanks,

Martin Zaidel
www.synergy.com.au

Re: Building from SVN

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> MartinZaidel@synergy.com.au wrote:
>

>> Just a quick newbie question:  I've checked the 1.0-RC1 source out of
>> SVN (via 'svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/directory/trunks'), and
>> then tried
>> 'mvn install' only to get build failures (sometimes compile breaks,
>> sometimes test failures).  I realize there have been substantial
>> versioning changes recently, so I'd just like to know:
>>
>> 1. Is my process correct or am I missing a step?
>> 2. Is there a recent snapshot (a nightly or continuous integration
>> build or something similar) that I could grab, rather than trying to
>> hit a moving repository target?
>

> Yah it's all broken now.  Will let the list know when things are back
> in order.

Trustin just fixed the trunk so svn up and try again.

Sorry for inconvenience,
Alex

Re: Building from SVN

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
MartinZaidel@synergy.com.au wrote:

> Just a quick newbie question:  I've checked the 1.0-RC1 source out of
> SVN (via 'svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/directory/trunks'), and
> then tried
> 'mvn install' only to get build failures (sometimes compile breaks,
> sometimes test failures).  I realize there have been substantial
> versioning changes recently, so I'd just like to know:
>
> 1. Is my process correct or am I missing a step?
> 2. Is there a recent snapshot (a nightly or continuous integration
> build or something similar) that I could grab, rather than trying to
> hit a moving repository target?

Yah it's all broken now.  Will let the list know when things are back in
order.

Thanks,
Alex