Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by dn...@gmx.net on 2005/02/22 17:01:41 UTC

Custom HTTP headers

Hi, I'm trying to send some custom HTTP headers using an Axis client. I
saw the following code in the HTTPSender class that processes a custom
table of headers, obtained from the MessageContext, which is just what I
want:

 //process user defined headers for information.
        Hashtable userHeaderTable = (Hashtable) msgContext.
                getProperty(HTTPConstants.REQUEST_HEADERS);

However, even if I set this property, the headers don't appear in the
outgoing message.

It appears that this is because the MessageContext is reset when
Call.invoke() is called (ie. MessageContext.reset() is called within
Call.invoke()). Is this a bug? I can't see why 'reset' should be called.

Thanks.

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail