Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by simon <mt...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/30 16:32:30 UTC

Re: Difference b/w SimplepostTool code and posting the file using SOLRJ

Well, the Solr XML format is the only format which Solr's XML Update handler
knows about, and it's been baked into Solr from the beginning. That said,
there is now an XSLTUpdateRequesthhandler in trunk and 3.4, which allows the
specification of an XSLT transform to convert an arbitrary XML schema to
what Solr expects.

SolrJ would normally be used to construct Solr Documents from the parsed XML
input, whatever its format, and use the SolrJ API to ingest these documents
for indexing.

-Simon

Posted by "kiran.bodigam" <ki...@gmail.com>.
Do i get any advantage using SOLRJ cause i am using SimplepostTool.java code
for posting the documents
to index?