Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/11 04:13:07 UTC

Problems on configure FairScheduler

Hi all,

I'd like to configure FairScheduler on hadoop. but seems it can not work.

The following is what I did
1. add fairscheduler.jar to lib

2. add the following property to mapred-site.xml
<property>
  <name>mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler</name>
  <value>org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FairScheduler</value>
</property>

3. restart hadoop cluster

Although I did these work, I can not open the page http://<jobtracker
URL>/scheduler

Did I miss something ?

Thank you for any help.

Jeff Zhang

Re: Problems on configure FairScheduler

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
You'll need to configure mapred.fairscheduler.allocation.file to point to
your fairscheduler.xml file; this file must contain at least the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<allocations/>

- Aaron

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.