Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Buechi Martin <Ma...@avaloq.com> on 2005/03/16 16:02:49 UTC

Properties in main thread

All,

I would like to reference Java properties in the main JMeter thread, e.g., in the ResultCollector (View Results in Table) to pass the filename as a Java property. E.g., I would like to use ${__property(report.dir)}/file.xml in the Filename field and pass -Dreport.dir=/tmp/jmeter.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work because org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.FunctionProperty.getStringValue() contains the following check:

        if (!isRunningVersion()
            || !ctx.isSamplingStarted())
        {
            log.debug("Not running version, return raw function string");
            return function.getRawParameters();
        }
        else

If I comment out this check, everything works the way I want. I assume that the responsible developer had a good reason for this check, I just cannot figure out what it was. Any ideas?

Or is there another way to achieve what I want to do?

Regards,

Martin

A v a l o q - essential for banking
Avaloq Evolution AG