Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/17 18:32:56 UTC

Could tuscany/java/sca/etc/policy-continuum.policy move to tuscany/java/etc ?

This came up on the 2.0 M1 release reviews, I'm not sure how the file is
used, can it be moved out of the sca build to
tuscany/java/etc/policy-continuum.policy? I guess that requires some update
required to the continuum build config?

   ...ant

Re: Could tuscany/java/sca/etc/policy-continuum.policy move to tuscany/java/etc ?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:47 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> Looking back in the ML when this was setup the thread suggested
> having the security profile run as the default continuum build [1], does
> anyone know why that wasn't done? Has it ever worked?

I thought this was working before, and the enabled goal was the
security one. I have re-enabled the profile, and forced a build, let's
wait for the results.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Could tuscany/java/sca/etc/policy-continuum.policy move to tuscany/java/etc ?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> The continuum builds are only checking out the project specific folder
> >> (e.g for SCA --> java/sca). If we move this out, then it's not going
> >> to be visible for the SCA build, that is currently the only project
> >> using java security. But I'm flexible as long as you find a workaround
> >> for the build issue.
> >
> >  It doesn't seem to be working anyway, i tried a continuum build using
> that
> > profile it failed right away. That profile is also set to never run so
> its
> > not doing much at all :)
> >
> > But ok, where does the "277" come from in the command:
> >
> -Dtuscany.policy.file=file:////home/continuum/data/working-directory/277/etc/policy-continuum.policy"?
> > I'm guessing thats some number assigned to the build profile so we could
> > probably create a new dummy profile for the etc folder, run that once to
> get
> > the etc folder checked out and find its profile number and update the sca
> > build security profile to use that?
> >

> Yes, that would probably work...
>
> But, stepping back.... what is the problem you are seeing by having
> this file inside sca/etc ? If it's just preference, mine would be to
> leave where it is, as it's being used by SCA only...

This is more than just a preference, the policy file has hardcoded paths for
the continuum machine so doesn't work for anything else so it shouldn't be
included in the our user distribution, and for continuum it can be shared
across all our projects so makes more sense in the top java/etc folder. I've
moved it there now if anyone objects strongly its easy to move it back. I've
changed continuum to have a "shared files" project that the other project
builds can reference, I've change the continuum builds to do that, and I've
set up a new continuum build for the SCA 1.x code base and renamed the SCA
builds to "SCA 1.x" and "SCA 2.x". The 1.x build doesn't quite work yet,
there must be a bug in the config. The builds using the security profile
don't work either but they didn't work before (anyone want to help fix
these?). Looking back in the ML when this was setup the thread suggested

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.