Posted to cli-users@httpd.apache.org by Tobias Brunner <To...@suisa.ch> on 2005/11/01 10:46:48 UTC

[cli-users] Executing old ASP Applications

Hi

I want to execute old ASP applications on a Apache server with
mod_aspdotnet.
But when I open an URL with an ASP application, there is an error message:
Server Error in '/' Application.
This type of page is not served.
has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.asp' may be incorrect.
Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /search_neu.asp

How can I configure mod_aspdotnet to execute an old ASP application?

Thanks for your help
Best Regards
Tobias

Re: [cli-users] Executing old ASP Applications

Posted by Tobias Brunner <To...@suisa.ch>.
Hi

Ok, I didn't know this...

Thanks for your answer
Tobias

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
01.11.2005 10:59
Please respond to
cli-users@httpd.apache.org

cli-users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [cli-users] Executing old ASP Applications

Common misconception, ASP is *not* ASP.NET, and never was.

mod_aspdotnet was less than 2000 lines of code, while it would be over
10000 lines and many many more COM quirks to fight to deploy the ASP
Scripting APIs (which were marginally documented.)

Sorry, you might consider porting your ASP script to ASP.NET.

Bill

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.