Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com> on 2017/07/01 01:44:59 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
2.2.0. The vote is open until Friday, July 7th, 2017 at 18:00 PST and
passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see https://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v2.2.0-rc6
<https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.0-rc6> (
a2c7b2133cfee7fa9abfaa2bfbfb637155466783)

List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this filter
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-20134?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.2.0>
.

https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.2.0-rc6-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1245/

https://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.2.0-rc6-docs/

*FAQ*

*How can I help test this release?*

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

*What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.0?*

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes,
documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on
immediately. Everything else please retarget to 2.3.0 or 2.2.1.

*But my bug isn't fixed!??!*

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release
unless the bug in question is a regression from 2.1.1.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
I'll kick off the vote with a +1.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Dong Joon Hyun <dh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Bests,
Dongjoon.

From: <ho...@gmail.com> on behalf of Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>
Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:14 PM
To: Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>
Cc: Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>, Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>, "dev@spark.apache.org" <de...@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

+1 PySpark package pip installs into a virtualenv.

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
+1 (non binding)
Tested R, R package on Ubuntu and Windows, CRAN checks, manual tests with steaming & udf.

_____________________________
Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.

wrote:

> +1 (non binding)
> Tested R, R package on Ubuntu and Windows, CRAN checks, manual tests with
> steaming & udf.
>

> _____________________________

Cell : 425-233-8271

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Liang-Chi Hsieh <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sameer Agarwal wrote

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Sameer Agarwal <sa...@databricks.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Yanbo Liang <yb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Herman van Hövell tot Westerflier <hv...@databricks.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
This vote passes! I'll followup with the release on Monday.

+1:
Michael Armbrust (binding)
Kazuaki Ishizaki
Sean Owen (binding)
Joseph Bradley (binding)
Ricardo Almeida
Herman van Hövell tot Westerflier (binding)
Yanbo Liang
Nick Pentreath (binding)
Wenchen Fan (binding)
Sameer Agarwal
Denny Lee
Felix Cheung
Holden Karau
Dong Joon Hyun
Reynold Xin (binding)
Hyukjin Kwon
Yin Huai (binding)
Xiao Li

-1: None

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Xiao Li <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Xiao Li

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Yin Huai <yh...@databricks.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Kazuaki Ishizaki <IS...@jp.ibm.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I tested it on Ubuntu 16.04 and OpenJDK8 on ppc64le. All of the tests for
core/sql-core/sql-catalyst/mllib/mllib-local have passed.

$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_111"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build
1.8.0_111-8u111-b14-2ubuntu0.16.04.2-b14)

% build/mvn -DskipTests -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -T
24 clean package install
% build/mvn -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 test -pl core
-pl 'sql/core' -pl 'sql/catalyst' -pl mllib -pl mllib-local
Run completed in 15 minutes, 3 seconds.
Total number of tests run: 1113
Suites: completed 170, aborted 0
Tests: succeeded 1113, failed 0, canceled 0, ignored 6, pending 0
All tests passed.
[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Spark Project Core ................................. SUCCESS [17:24
min]
[INFO] Spark Project ML Local Library ..................... SUCCESS [
7.161 s]
[INFO] Spark Project Catalyst ............................. SUCCESS [11:55
min]
[INFO] Spark Project SQL .................................. SUCCESS [18:38
min]
[INFO] Spark Project ML Library ........................... SUCCESS [18:17
min]
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 01:06 h
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-07-01T15:20:04+09:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 56M/591M
[INFO]
[WARNING] The requested profile "hive" could not be activated because it
does not exist.

Kazuaki Ishizaki

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC6)

Posted by Joseph Bradley <jo...@databricks.com>.
+1

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> +1 binding. Same as last time. All tests pass with -Phive -Phadoop-2.7
> -Pyarn, all sigs and licenses look OK.
>
> We have one issue opened yesterday for 2.2.0:
>
> I assume this isn't really meant to be in this release, and sounds
> non-essential, so OK.
>
> On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 2:45 AM Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
>> 2.2.0. The vote is open until Friday, July 7th, 2017 at 18:00 PST and
>> passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.2.0
>>

>> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see https://spark.apache.org/
>>
>> The tag to be voted on is v2.2.0-rc6
>> <https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.0-rc6> (a2c7b2133cfee7f
>> a9abfaa2bfbfb637155466783)
>>
>> List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this filter
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-20134?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.2.0>
>> .
>>
>> The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
>> https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.2.0-rc6-bin/
>>
>> Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
>> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc
>>
>> The staging repository for this release can be found at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1245/
>>
>> The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
>> https://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.2.0-rc6-docs/
>>

>> *FAQ*
>>
>> *How can I help test this release?*
>>
>> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
>> existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
>> reporting any regressions.
>>
>> *What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.0?*
>>
>> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
>> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be
>> worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to 2.3.0 or 2.2.1.
>>
>> *But my bug isn't fixed!??!*
>>
>> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release
>> unless the bug in question is a regression from 2.1.1.

--

Joseph Bradley

Software Engineer - Machine Learning

Databricks, Inc.