Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sarah Hermsen <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 20:08:33 UTC

duplex printing

Hi there,

I have a printer that can print on both sides.  I used to be able to print
both sides with open office no problem, but the last few times it will
print out the even pages then wants me to manually flip the pages over and
re-insert then will continue printing.  This is ridiculous and a waste of
my time.  Please tell me how this can be fixed.  It was never an issue
before!!!!!

Thank you for your help!

Sarah

Re: duplex printing

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Jan 23, 2017, at 15:08, Sarah Hermsen <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a printer that can print on both sides.  I used to be able to print
> both sides with open office no problem, but the last few times it will
> print out the even pages then wants me to manually flip the pages over and
> re-insert then will continue printing.  This is ridiculous and a waste of
> my time.  Please tell me how this can be fixed.  It was never an issue
> before!!!!!

Try reinstalling the printer driver - it sounds like it may have forgotten that the printer does duplex.

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

If numbers aren't beautiful, I don't know what is. - Paul Erdős

Re: duplex printing

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 12:08:33 -0800
Sarah Hermsen <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a printer that can print on both sides.  I used to be able to print
> both sides with open office no problem, but the last few times it will
> print out the even pages then wants me to manually flip the pages over and
> re-insert then will continue printing.  This is ridiculous and a waste of
> my time.  Please tell me how this can be fixed.  It was never an issue
> before!!!!!
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Sarah

In /File /Print press the Properties button and set your printer to print duplex.  If there is a choice for the Flip edge, start by selecting "Long side".  Try printing a two page document to make sure the reverse side is the correct way up.  If not, change the flip edge to "Short side".

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>