Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mathew McBride <ma...@mcbridematt.dhs.org> on 2003/06/13 08:50:22 UTC

Using Batik's DOM & SAC API's

(maybe this should go to batik-dev).

Batik appears to contain a lot of stuff that would do good in Jazilla.
In particular, the DOM API and the SAC implementation are two things I
particularly want (and which I've tried to reinvent in Jazilla).

What I don't want to do:
- End up forking batik
- Modifing the code in any way (the only Apache XML code I am likely to
fork is Xerces, in order to handle chrome:/// refs in the DTD)

So, how "isolated" is the DOM and SAC stuff in Batik. Which interfaces
do I need to use in order to intergrate such parts of Batik with
Jazilla. Any code refs here?.

--
Mathew McBride
Lead Jazilla h4ack3r

Re: Using Batik's DOM & SAC API's

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

MM> Would that apply to Batik 1.1. I've just downloaded Batik 1.1 and
MM> the CSSEngine is nowhere to be seen.

    Take a look at 1.5 Beta 5.
    Batik 1.1 is pretty old at this point.

Re: Using Batik's DOM & SAC API's