Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by myrnap <my...@Golux.Com> on 2004/12/28 01:17:00 UTC

What's a BEI? (EmbedConnection.java)

Hi,

I was poking around and noticed this comment in EmbedConnection.java
method bootDatabase:
             /*
              If there is a next exception, assume
              that the first one is just a redundant "see the
              next exception" message.
              if it is a BEI, treat it as a database exception.
              If there isn't a BEI, treat it as a java exception.
             */

What's a 'BEI'?

Myrna

Re: Statement Execution

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.

Statement Execution

Posted by Philip Wilder <05...@acadiau.ca>.
Greetings,

I am attempting to trace a path through the code when someone initiates a
sql query. Thus Far I have been able to track it down to the
impl.sql.GenericActivationHolder.execute() method but I can't figure out
where it goes next.

//It creates a new BaseActivation
BaseActivation  newAC = (BaseActivation) newGC.newInstance(lcc);
//Sets this new BaseActivation to the old one.
ac = newAC;
//Calls the execute function of this activation despite the
//fact that BaseActivation doesn't have a execute method.
return ac.execute();

My thought was that perhaps it was calling the execute method of the
impl.sql.execute.ConstantActionActivation class but such does not appear to
be the case.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me, this one is driving me
crazy...

Philip Wilder