Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan O'Neal <na...@tek-tools.com> on 2004/09/15 01:02:49 UTC

dll already loaded in another classloader

Hi All,

My application loads a native library using System.load().  When I run
Tomcat 5 through Eclipse, everything works fine on IE and Firefox.  But,
when I run Tomcat normally I get this Exception with Firefox only:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28\webapps\profiler\WEB-INF\ttAdapterInfo.dll already
loaded in another classloader

I've found that this is a "feature" of the jvm and it will not load the same
native library in different classloaders.  What I don't understand is why it
works when running through Eclipse, but not otherwise?

On a side-note, where is the best place to put dll's when distributing a
webapp as a war file?

thanks,
nathan